【句子】They've injected me with this tranquilizer thing. I think it's doing the trick. 【Desperate Housewives S2E8】
【发音】/ðeɪv/ /ɪnˈdʒektɪd/ /mi:/ /wɪð/ /ðɪs/ /ˈtræŋkwəlaɪzə(r)/ /θɪŋ/ /aɪ/ /θɪŋk/ /ɪts/ /ˈduː.ɪŋ/ /ðə/ /trɪk/
【发音技巧】injected me不完全爆破;think it's连读;
【翻译】他们给我注射了镇定剂之类的东西。我想应该有点用吧。
【适用场合】
今天我们来学习两个短语,1. inject sb. with sth.
“用某个东西给某个人注射;”
to squeeze or squirt a fluid into someone or something by using a needle, syringe, or similar tool.
通过针头、注射器或者相近的工具,把液体注射到某个人的体内;
eg: We watched helplessly as the doctors injected the patient with epinephrine.
我们无助地看着医生给病人注射肾上腺素。
eg: You can clean the surgical area by injecting it with saline solution.
你可以通过注射生理盐水来清洁这片手术区域。
eg: She has been injecting herself with insulin since the age of 16.
她自从16岁开始就一直给自己注射胰岛素了。
eg: His son was injected with strong drugs.
他的儿子被注射了强效药物。
2. 今天要学习的第二个短语是do the trick,这个短语可以理解成“奏效”或者“起到效果”、“获得成功”;
If something does the trick, it has the necessary or wanted effect.
eg: This sauce needs more flavour - I know, some lemon juice should do the trick.
这种调味汁需要加点儿味——我知道了,加点儿柠檬汁就可以了。
eg: I don't know what it was that did the trick, but I am definitely feeling much better.
我也不知道是什么东西起到了效果,但是我肯定是感觉好多了。
eg: Her remedy certainly did the trick.
她的治疗确实起到了效果。
【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】
我试了很多不同的方法,但是没有一个有效果。